The Salis Brothers were among the first wine makers to bottle their wine in the entire Kingdom of Italy, according to ancient shipping documents and labels. Bottles dating back 1881 and 1890 were found in the family cellars, kept safe during the many changes of residence.
Among the several honours received, the most important refers to “Tirano bottle wine of 1869”. Back then, only some makers of Barolo and Marsala would bottle their wines.
Salis wine production was intended to be sent abroad, to Swiss and European noble families to keep diplomatic ties.
Conti Sertoli Salis
Place Via Stelvio 18 - Tirano
Telephone no. +39 0342 710404
Fax +39 0342 710428